New database entry: Konami’s Midi Power Vol.3

Chiptune is always more than welcome in my home, especially when it involves not only classic Konami but also the wonderful X68000 too; so when I saw this CD for sale I just knew I had to have it! It doesn’t disappoint either, both soundtracks are by and large complete (if I remember correctly a few jingles are missing – nothing major) and listening to Thrashard in the Cave whenever I feel like isn’t something I’ll get tired of in the foreseeable future.

I’ll freely admit I came for the Akumajou Dracula tracks, but I found myself staying for the Gradius III tunes; they’ve got a nice peppy upbeat feel to them, and while I can’t say I’ve ever thought “I really need to listen to In the Wind right now” it is always a pleasure when it does shuffle its way onto a playlist and into my ears. You also get the sheet music of Gradius III’s “Prelude of Legend” included in the liner notes, which is always fascinating while simultaneously hammering home the fact that playing the recorder really doesn’t cut it as far as “real” musical experience goes.

But that’s enough chit-chat: if you want to read a bit of information about the CD follow the link! Click!

88-117303634688-1173036347

Scans on this page from VGM.db